ADS


Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Confused about which dash cam to buy?

The dash cams you see for sale at most truck stops in the US are generally over-priced, and often of poor quality. You'll get more 'bang for the buck' by researching dash cams online, and ordering online. You may see some cams for sale with 'big' brand names, but brand names in dash cams mean very little. Most of these cams are made in the same handful of factories in China, and if you have enough money, your name can be put on them. Any of the dash cams I recommend in the list on the right sidebar will perform well for you in your truck, and usually at a much lower cost than the cams you see for sale in the truck stops.
My favorite dash cam is a Mobius, which is available from multiple reliable sources online. My oldest Mobius has been running mostly 24/7 in a tractor trailer for almost two years. I was recently on an overseas vacation, and brought a new dash cam to use and test in a rental car. That cam was very nice, and generally worked well, but I had some problems with the mount. I popped the spare Mobius I brought along in the windshield, and was on my way. No problems. It ticked over, covered me while driving in some pretty bizarre, SE Asia traffic.
Back in my truck in the US, I usually run two forward facing dash cams. One is usually a cam with more features, often one I am testing and reviewing. The second? A Mobius. Small, reliable, and good video quality. Most people won't even notice a Mobius in your windshield.



No comments:

Post a Comment